Dr. Eliya Bartal
- "Pretty Woman Put on Her Shoe: The Psychoanalysis Echo in the Films: 'Pretty Woman' and "Runaway Bride'" in: Thoughts about Shoes, Resling and Bezalel, Tel Aviv, 2014. (In Hebrew)
- “Asam Abu Shakra” (Hebrew), in The Book of the Tel Aviv Museum Collection (Tel Aviv, 2002).
- “Yair Garbuz” (Hebrew), in The Book of the Tel Aviv Museum Collection (Tel Aviv, 2002).
- “ Leah Nikel” (Hebrew), in The Book of the Tel Aviv Museum Collection (Tel Aviv, 2002).
- “The Personal is Political, But the Political is Also Personal” (Hebrew), in Avner Bar-Hama [catalogue] (Tel Aviv: The Association of Painters and Sculptors of Israel, 2000).
- “‘All the World Is a Stage’ – Aesthetics and Its Relationship to Pluralistic Experience: Prevention of Violence by Means of Consciousness of Aesthetics” (Hebrew), Masekhet Mishpahah 1 (May 2000): 37–42.
- “The Concept of Homeland and the Homeland as a Concept – Zionism versus Judaism in Paintings of Israeli Landscape” (Hebrew), Kesher Omanuti 1 (April 2000): 4–7.
Paticipation in Scholary Conferences:
1. Host institution: Hebrew University Jerusalem.
Conference topic: The sixteenth World Congress of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem, August, 2013.
Lecture: "Nietzschean Thinking in Uri Zvi Grinberg's Expressionist Poetry".
2. Host institution: Bezalel Jerusalem.
Conference topic: Quiet Please, about Silence, December, 2012.
Lecture: “The meaning of silence in Nietzschean Philosophy”
3. Host institution: Bar-Ilan University
Conference topic: Interdisciplinary colloquium on “Sixty Years of the State of Israel” under the aegis of the Department for Eretz Israel Studies, May 2009.
Lecture: “Abel Pann and His Interpretation of the Bible”
4. Host institution: Bar-Ilan University
Conference topic: Research Workshop of the Israel Science Foundation on “Jewish Art and Worship”
Lecture: The Return to Jewish Motifs in Israeli Art”
5. Host institution: Tel Aviv University
Conference topic: “Mutar 2007 – TheVisual Culture in Israel, Constitutive Images” May 2007
Lecture: “‘Cactus with a Thorn’ – Asam Abu Shakra’s ‘Cactus in a Flowerpot’ as a Constitutive Image: A Research Model that Enables the Entrance of a Palestinian Artist into the Israeli Cultural Discourse”
6. Host institution: Faculty of Arts, Tel Aviv University
Conference topic: “Art and Craftsmanship”, May 2001
Lecture: “Art and Craftsmanship – Blurred Boundaries”
7. Host institution: Gender Studies, Bar-Ilan University
Conference topic: “Women from the East – Women in the East”, March 2002
Lecture: “The Presence of Oriental Women in Israeli Art”
8. Host institution: Department of Jewish Art, Bar-Ilan University
Conference marking the tenth anniversary of the establishment of the Department of Jewish Art, May 2002
Lecture: “Drawing Letters – The Conceptual and Perceptual Presence of Letters in Israeli Art”
9. Host institution: The Jewish Art Society
Conference topic: “Playing Music and Dancing in Jewish Art” April 2001
Lecture: “The Shout as Jewish Music in Jewish Literature and Israeli Art”
10. Host institution: The Jewish Art Society
Conference topic: “The Orient in Jewish Art” May 2002
Lecture: “The Orient in Israeli Art: Methodological Research Problems”
11. Host institution: Institute for Interdisciplinary Creativity, Beit Berl College
Conference topic: “Art as a Meeting Point between Judaism, Creativity, and Education” May 1999
Lecture: Nietzsche’s Influence on Culture in Eretz Israel in the 1920s”
12. Host institution: Tel Aviv Museum of Art in conjunction with Mahshavot journal
Conference topic: “Where Does Time Flow in Science, Philosophy, and Culture” April 1997
Lecture: “Time in Impressionist Literature and Art”
Modern and Post-Modern Art
• Introduction to Modern Art.
• Multiplicity of Realities in Impressionist Art.
• Modernism and Post-modernism in Architecture.
• Impressionism and Expressionism – Between Objectivity and Subjectivity in the Nineteenth Century and Twentieth Century.
Philosophy and Art
• “While Nietzsche Cried, They Painted”: The Influence of Nietzschean Philosophy on Modern and Post-modern Art.
• Thoughts about Art - Research Methods in Art History and their Philosophic Roots.
• “I am in the East, but My Heart is in the West” – The Relationship of Israeli Art to Modern Art.
• Israeli Art: Chronological Development.
• “Sanctity Permeates the Secular” – Jewish Motifs in Israeli Art.
• Modernism and Post-modernism in Israeli Architecture.
• The Image of the Orient in Israeli Art.
• Israeli Literature and Art in the Twentieth Century – A Comparative Survey.
Art, Design and Psychology
• All about Shoes.
The expression of, and the various streams that emerged, in the last hundred years.
Special focus on the dialogue between Land of Israel art sources from international influence, in an attempt to explore and understand the dynamics that exist between the center and the province.
All the various streams of modern art include architecture.
Special focus on architecture and Israeli art created in this style.
Interdisciplinary Research - Art and Literature
Connections between art and literature; modernism and post-modernism; with emphasis on Israeli literature and art.
Interdisciplinary Research - Philosophy
Nietzsche and his influence on modern and post-modern art.
Ph.D thesis in Philosophy, Literature of the Jewish People, and Art
Bar-Ilan University, Department of Literature of the Jewish People.
M.A. degree with honors in Literature of the Jewish People, including a unit in Art
Bar-Ilan University, Department of Literature of the Jewish People
M.A. studies in Art History
Tel Aviv University, Department of Art History
B.A. in Art History and History of the Jewish People
Haifa University, Departments of Art History and History of the Jewish People