Rodov, Ilia, "Skizze Gallery: Unnoticed Contours of Israeli Art," Skizza Gallery 13 (Jerusalem, 2021), 5 (Eng), 7 (Rus), 169 (Heb).
Rodov, Ilia, "A Taste of Honey: Metaphorizing Nature in Traditional Jewish Art," Journal for the Study of Religion, Nature and Culture, 14, 3 (2020), 370-394.
Rodov, Ilia, with Sergey Kravtsov, "Introduction," in Rodov, Ilia, with Sergey Kravtsov and Malgorzata Stolarska-Fronia (eds.), The Ukrainian and Jewish Artistic and Architectural Milieus of Lwów/Lemberg/Lviv: From Ausgleich to the Holocaust (Weimar: Grünberg Verlag, 2019), 7-11.
Rodov, Ilia, with Sergey Kravtsov and Malgorzata Stolarska-Fronia (eds.), The Ukrainian and Jewish Artistic and Architectural Milieus of Lwów/Lemberg/Lviv: From Ausgleich to the Holocaust (Weimar: Grünberg Verlag, 2019).
Rodov, Ilia. "Explorations of Jewish Architecture: Mapping the Past, Shaping the Present" in Sergey R. Kravtsov, In the Shadow of Empires: Synagogue Architecture in East Central Europe, (Weimar: Grünberg Verlag, 2018), 7-19.
Rodov, Ilia. "Synagogues in the Islamic World: Architecture, Design, and Identity, edited by Mohammad Gharipour", Images: A Journal of Jewish Art and Visual Culture, 11(1) (2018), 252-258, doi: https://doi.org/10.1163/18718000-12340093
Rodov, Ilia. "Synagogue as Museum: Ritual and Exposition," in Keßler, Katrin, von Kienlin, Alexander, Knufinke, Ulrich, and Weber, Annette (eds.). Synagogue and Museum (Petersberg: Michael Imhof Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, 2018), 51-60.
Rodov, Ilia. "A Mahzor from Worms: Art and Religion in a Medieval Jewish Community, written by Katrin Kogman-Appel", Images: A Journal of Jewish Art and Visual Culture, 10(1) (2017), 137-139, doi: https://doi.org/10.1163/18718000-12340061
- Capturing the Ineffable: The Tetragrammaton in Synagogue Art of Romanian Moldavia,” in The Paths of Daniel: Studies in Judaism and Jewish Culture Presented to Rabbi Professor Daniel Sperber (Ramat Gan: Bar Ilan University Press, 7), 191*–213*.
Rodov, Ilia. "What is 'Folk' about Synagogue Art?" Images: A Journal of Jewish Art and Visual Culture, vol. 9(1) (2016), 49-63. doi: https://doi.org/10.1163/18718000-12340052.
Rodov, Ilia. In Search of Lost Time: Zussia Efron’s Travelogues on Jewish Art in Romania (Jerusalem: The Center for Jewish Art of The Hebrew University in Jerusalem, forthcoming), ca. 450 pp.
- Rodov, Ilia. "What is 'Folk' about Synagogue Art?" Images: A Journal of Jewish Art and Visual Culture, vol. 9(1) (2016), 49-63. doi: https://doi.org/10.1163/18718000-12340052.
Rodov, Ilia. "Hallucination Depicted: God’s Name on Shiviti Plates,” in Sanctifying Texts, Transforming Rituals: Encounters with Religion and Culture, eds. Paul van Geest, Marcel Poorthuis, Els Rose (Leuven, Peeters: 2017), 238-274.
Rodov, Ilia. “Revisiting the ‘Blind Synagogue’: Vision and Voice in Double-Nave Prayer Halls,” in Jewish Architecture in Europe: New Sources and Approaches (Petersberg: Michael Imhof Verlag, 2015), 83-94.
Rodov, Ilia. "Hebrew Inscriptions. Visual Arts and Architecture: Jewish Art," in Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception: Halah – Hizquni, vol. 11, Eds. Dale C. Allison, Jr., Christine Helmer, Volker Leppin, Choon-Leong Seow, Hermann Spieckermann, Barry Dov Walfish, Eric J. Ziolkowski (Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter, 2015), cols. 624-31.
Rodov, Ilia. "Hebrew Inscriptions. Visual Arts and Architecture: Christian Art," in Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception: Halah – Hizquni, Volume 11, Eds. Dale C. Allison, Jr., Christine Helmer, Volker Leppin, Choon-Leong Seow, Hermann Spieckermann, Barry Dov Walfish, Eric J. Ziolkowski (Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter, 2015), cols. 631-37.
Rodov, Ilia. "Imagining Theophany in Romania: Synagogue Painting and Christian Orthodox Art," Apulum, vol. 51 (2014), 49-66.
- Rodov, Ilia. "Winged Image of the Divine: A Comparative Note on Catholic, Orthodox and Jewish Art in Early Modern Ukraine," Judaica Ucrainica, 3 (2014), 105–127.
Rodov, Ilia. “'With Eyes towards Zion': Visions of the Holy Land in Romanian Synagogues," Quest. Issues in Contemporary Jewish History. Journal of Fondazione CDEC, no. 6 December 2013, 138-173.
Rodov, Ilia. "Wandering in the Past: Romanian Travelogues of Zussia Efron," Representations of Jewish Life in Romanian Literature, ed. Camelia Craciun (Al. I. Cuza” University Publishing House in Iasi: 2013), 311-335.
Rodov, Ilia. "Kabbalistic Traces in a Russian Old-Believer Painting," Galicia, Bukovina and Other Borderlands in Eastern and Central Europe: Essays on Interethnic Contacts and Multiculturalism (Jews and Slavs, vol. 23), (Jerusalem-Siedlce, 2013), 13-34
Rodov, Ilia. The Torah Ark in Renaissance Poland: A Jewish Revival of Classical Antiquity (Leiden and Boston: Brill, 2013).
Rodov, Ilia. “Papal Lions on the Torah Ark: A Heraldic Symbol Converted,” Materia Giudaica, 17/18 (2012-13), 215-227.
Rodov, Ilia. Synagogue Paintings: A European Tradition in Israel (Catalogue of exhibition; Ramat Gan, 2011) (Hebrew).
Rodov, Ilia. “Tower-Like Torah Arks, the Tower of Strength and the Architecture of the Messianic Temple,” Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes, 73 (2010), 65–98.
Rodov, Ilia. "Research of Jewish Art: Focusing on Lithuania: Aiste Niunkaite Raciuniene, Lietuvos žydu tradicinio meno ir simboliu pasaulis: atvaizdai, vaizdiniai ir tekstai (The World of Lithuanian Jewish Traditional Art and Symbols: Images, Notions and Texts), (Vilnius: Valstybinio Vilniaus Gaono žydu˛ muziejus, 2011), 696 pp. (Lithuanian)," Ars Judaica, 9 (2013), 123-126.
Rodov, Ilia. "Research of Jewish Art in the Ukrainian Context: Jewish Art and the Ukrainian Context: Horizons of Traditional Artistic Culture, ed. Eugeny Kotlyar (a special issue of Bulletin of Kharkiv State Academy of Design and the Arts, 8 no. 3 ), 360 pp. (Ukrainian, Russian, English); and Jewish Art and the Ukrainian Context: Within the Stream of European Modernity, ed. Eugeny Kotlyar (a special issue of Bulletin of Kharkiv State Academy of Design and the Arts, 9 no. 4 ), 456 pp. (Ukrainian, Russian, English)," Ars Judaica, 9 (2013), 127-130.
Rodov, Ilia. “Capturing the Ineffable: The Tetragrammaton in Synagogue Art of Romanian Moldavia,” in The Paths of Daniel: Studies in Judaism and Jewish Culture Presented to Rabbi Professor Daniel Sperber (Ramat Gan: Bar Ilan University Press, forthcoming).
Rodov, Ilia. "Hebrew Script in Christian Art," Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics (Boston: Brill, 2013), vol. 3, 462–477
Rodov, Ilia. "Ars brevis, vita longa: On Preservation of Synagogue Art," Studia Hebraica 9–10 (2009–10), 91–111.
Rodov, Ilia. “The King of the King of Kings: Images of Rulership in Late Medieval and Early Modern Christian Art and Synagogue Design” in Marcel Poorthuis and Joshua Schwartz (eds), Between Syncretism and Independence: Interaction between Judaism and Christianity in History, Religion, Art, and Literature (Jewish and Christian Perspectives, 17), (Leiden and Boston: Brill, 2009), 457-475, plates 17-34.
איליה רודוב, חוט אריאדנה: מדריך לעריכת עבודות כתובות בתולדות האמנות, רמת גן, (מהדורה 5) 2018
Rodov, Ilia. "Journey along the Cyclic Path: Shalom Sabar in collaboration with Ella Arazi, Avriel Bar-Levav, and Roni Weinstein, Ma‘agal Ha-hayyim (The Life Cycle), Jewish Communities in the East in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries (Jerusalem: Ben-Zvi Institute for the Study of Jewish Communities in the East and the Center for Integration of the Oriental Jewish Heritage at the Ministry of Education, 2006)," Ars Judaica, 4 (2008), 137-140.
"Jerusalem: In Art,” Encyclopaedia Judaica, vol. 11,(2nd ed., eds Michael Berenbaum and Fred Skolnik; Detroit: Macmillan Reference USA, 2007), 224-248.
"הזר והכתר של ארון הקודש," דף שבועי, 692 (אוניברסיטת בר-אילן, תשס"ז).
Rodov, Ilia. “Pro arte judaicae. Kalman P. Bland, The Artless Jew: Medieval and Modern Affirmations and Denials of the Visual (Princeton, 2000),” Ars Judaica 2 (2006), 163-164.
Rodov, Ilia. “The Marvelous Garden: On the Poetics of Vegetal Ornamentation in European Synagogues and Its Origins,” in Timorah: Articles on Jewish Art (Ramat Gan, 2006), 111-132 (Hebrew).
Rodov, Ilia. “Dragons: A Symbol of Evil in Synagogue Decoration?” Ars Judaica, 1 (2005), 63-84.
Rodov, Ilia. “The Eagle, Its Twin Heads and Many Faces: Synagogue Chandeliers Surmounted by Double-headed Eagles,” Jewish Ceremonial Objects in Transcultural Context (Studia Rosenthaliana, 37, 2004), pp. 77-129.
Rodov, Ilia. “A. I. Lokotko, Architecture of the European Synagogue, 2002” [review], Vestnik evreyskogo universiteta (The Herald of the Hebrew University, 9(24) (Jerusalem: the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2004), pp. 387–398 (Russian).
Rodov, Ilia. “National Art in the International Context” in Ilia Rodov, ed., Jewish Art in European Culture, Jerusalem (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the Gesharim Press: Jerusalem, 2002).
Rodov, Ilia. “Bridges and Gaps,” Jewish Art, 21-22 (1995), pp. 183-193.
Rodov, Ilia. "Academic Enrichment in Israel,” in Moshe Davis, ed., Teaching Jewish Civilization (New York, 1995), pp. 207-209
Rodov, Ilia. "Origin and Developments in the Work of Shalom Moskovitz of Safed,” Proceedings of the 11th World Congress of Jewish Studies, division D II (Jerusalem, 1994), pp. 127-134
Lectures at Colloquia and Symposia; Guest Lectures
- "Telescope vs. Microscope or Why Should One Define Jewish Art?" The First Moscow International Interdisciplinary Session on Jewish Art, The State Institute for Art Studies, Moscow, May 20-21
- “'Va, Pensiero': Psalm 'By the Rivers of Babylon' in Traditional Jewish Art," The State Institute for Art Studies and Eshkolot, Moscow, May 18, 2021
- "Quoting the Origin: On Migrant Identities in European Synagogue Architecture," Symposium on Swedish Synagogue Architecture (1795-1870) and the Cultural Milieu of the Early Jewish Immigrants to Sweden, April 19, 2021
- "Rosa Mystica in Medieval European Synagogues," Mysticism in Art and Art in Mysticism, 8th Conference on Judaism, Spirituality, and Mythology, Jerusalem, February 20, 2020
- "Literature and Art," Launching Conference of the Russian-Jewish and Russian-Israeli Literature Academic Track", January 22, 2020
- "Romanian Synagogue Art," Conference "We, The Romanians," The Aharon and Rachel Dahan Center for Culture, Society & Education in the Sephardic Heritage, January 21, 2020
- "Contemplations in the Desert on Nature, Creation, and Art," Art and Biology: The Meeting Point, International Symposium, Beer-Sheva, December 19, 2019
- "Mikhail Yakhilevich and Ella Byshevskaya, 'Seeing the Voices': Illustrations to the Bible." The Cymbalista Jewish Heritage Center, Tel Aviv University, November 6, 2019
- "Poetics of Obscenity in Contemporary Israeli Art: Grobman, Okun, Gamburd," homage to Prof. Ziva Amishai-Maisels on the occasion of her 80th anniversary, The Hebrew Universiry of Jerusalem, November 4. 2019
- "Reading the Unreadable: Hebrew Script in Christian Art," Bar-Ilan Intersemiosis Research Group Lecture, October 24, 2019
- "In the Shadow of Empires, in the Light of History: Research of Jewish Architecture in Galizia," Book Presentation: " Sergey Kravtsov's new book, In the Shadow of Empires," April 29, 2019
- “Decalogue's Debut, Menorah's Comeback, and Subversive Lions at a Sephardi Synagogue in Renaissance Rome,” Harry G. Friedman Society Lecture, New York, April 7, 2019
- “Shared Expressions, Opposed Messages: Sacred Shrines in Medieval Synagogues and Churches,” Many Rooms: Space and Sanctity in Judaism and Christianity, Hayim Perelmuter Conference, Catholic Theological Union and University of Notre Dame, Chicago, April 1, 2019
- “The Lodestar in the Journey of Life: Symbolic Allusions of the Bimah in Kerala Synagogues,” Jews in India, Jews of India, International Conference, Sri Vishnu Mohan Foundation, Cochin, India, January 9-12, 2019
- "Honig und Wissen in der traditionellen jüdischen Kunst," Bienen und Honig in den Religionen und in unserer heutigen Welt," Konferenz, Köln, Melanchton Akademie, September 6, 2018
- “Personal, Collective, and Eternal: Patronage of Synagogue Architecture and Art in Medieval and Early Modern Ashkenazi Communities,” “Art Patronage and Jewish Culture,” ISF International Workshop, I-Core and Department of Jewish Art, Bar-Ilan University, June 25, 2018
- “Mystery Encircled and Enclosed: Pediments of Medieval Ashkenazi Torah Arks,” International Workshop "Framing the Sacred: Shrines in European Architecture," Bar-Ilan University, June 20, 2018
- "Studying Jewish Architecture: Unity in Diversity," Innovation and Design Education Webinar, the Design and Learning Lab, Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University, March 23, 2018
- "Academic Teaching of Jewish Art: Tradition and Variety," Bitola, St. Clement of Ohrid University, Macedonia FYR. November 15, 2017
- "Visual Dimensions of Human Geography," Ohrid campus, St. Clement of Ohrid University, Macedonia FYR, November 13, 2017
- "The Holy Land in European Synagogue Art," Hallisch-Frankisches Museum, Schwabisch Hall, Germany, October 16, 2017
- “Synagogue as Museum: Ritual and Exposition,” Synagogue and Museum, The Third International Congress on Jewish Architecture, Technische Universität Braunschweig, November 21–23, 2016
- "Sacred and Real Geography in Modern Ashkenazi Art,” Guest lecture, Centro de Estudos Judaicos, Faculdade de Filosofia, Letras e Ciências Humanas, Universidade de São Paulo São Paulo, September 21, 2016
- “Images of the Holy Land in the East European Synagogue Art,” Guest lecture, Núcleo Interdisciplinar de Estudos Judaicos e Árabes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro, September 20, 2016
- Synagogue Space, Its Dimmed Images, and Their Elusive Meanings,” Synagogue Wall Paintings: Research, Preservation, Presentation, International Workshop, The Center for Jewish Art, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, September 13–14, 2016
- “Between the Earth and Heaven: Concepts of Spiritual and Intellectual Ascent as Reflected in Synagogue Art,” Series of lectures, Sefer: The Center for University Teaching of Jewish Civilization, Webinar (online lectures), February 11, 18 and 25, 2016
- “Reframing Traditional Jewish Art,” Constructing and Deconstructing Jewish Art, International Conference, Bar-Ilan University, September 9, 2015
- Gate to the Lord: Symbolic Language of East-European Synagogue Art, series of lectures and research workshop, Kiev-Mohyla Adademy, Kiev, May 18-22, 2015
- "To Hell": Images of Devil in Jewish Art, gueat lecture, Nativ - Government Bureau on Communications with the Jewish communities, Kiev, May 17, 2015
- Polish Dov and Jewish Niedźwiedź: Intercultural Contexts of East-European Synagogue Art, "The Jewish Neighborhood in the Middle Ages and Early Modern Period: Interrelations and Aesthetic Considerations," International Conference, Tel Aviv University, April 12-14, 2015.
- Between Exile and Redemption: The Land of Israel in the Art of East-European Synagogues, quest lecture, The Yeshiva University, New York, March 30, 2015.
- Allegories of Virtues in Traditional Jewish Art, "Jewish Symbolism: Marks of a People," Alfred and Jean S. Moldovan Memorial Symposium, The Harry G. Friedman Society, The Jewish Museum, New York, March 22.
- Mundane Wanderings and Ascension on High:Development of Didactic Allegories in Jewish Art, The Narkiss Prize for Excellence in Research on Jewish Art Lecture, The Center for Jewish Art, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Umberto Nahon Museum of Italian Jewish Art, Jerusalem, December 17.
- Art of Romanian Synagogues, "Jews of Romania: Cilture and Heritage," The Aharon and Rachel Dahan Center for Culture, Society and Education in the Sephardic Heritage, Bar-Ilan University, December 11, 2014
- The Bimah in Medieval Ashkenazi Synagogues: Interpretations of Archaeological, Visual and Textual Evidence, The David Slager Jewish Student Centre, Oxford, July 9, 2014.
- Architecture as a Matrix of Custom: On the Bodily Behavior in Medieval Ashkenazi Synagogues, International Medieval Congress, University of Leeds, July 7–10, 2014
- Relics or Junk? On Preservation of Art in Modern Central- and East-European Synagogues, Geisteswissenschaftliche Zentrum Geschichte und Kultur Ostmitteleuropas (GWZO) an der Universität Leipzig, April 4, 2014.
- On the Liturgy in Medieval Ashkenazic Synagogues, "Jewish Architecture: New Sources and Approaches," International conference, Technische Universität Braunschweig, April 1–3, 2014.
- Seeing the Invisible: Symbolism of the Divine Name in Synagogue Art, Eshkolot Lectures, Moscow, February 5, 2014.
- Under the Blue Sky: Depictions of Jerusalem in East-European Synagogues, The Museum of the Jewish History in Russia, Moscow, February 4, 2014.
- The Pavilion-Shaped Bimah in Medieval Ashkenazi Synagogues, the Twenty-First Sefer Academic Conference in Jewish Studies, The Center for University Teaching of Jewish Civilization, Moscow, February 3–5, 2014.
- Capturing the Untouchable: Symbols of Light and Fire in Synagogue Art, Eshkolot Lectures, Moscow, February 3, 2014.
- Hebrew Inscriptions in Renaissance Art, Instituto Italiano di Cultura, Moscow, February 2, 2014.
- From a Family Archive to Collective Memory: Sculptor Joseph Dinaburg and His Work in Synagogues, "Documentation and Preservation of Synagogues in Israel: Field Work to Research," inter-university symposium, The Department for Jewish Art, Bar-Ilan University, ICOMOS (Israel), The Center for Jewish Art, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, November 12, 2013.
- What Did Rabbi Moses Isserles Look Like? The Sixteenth World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, July 28–August 1, 2013.
- Preservation of East-European Synagogues in the Post-Communist Age, Conference of the Committee for Wall Painting, ICOMOS (Israel), Museum of Rishon Lezion, November 16, 2012.
- In Search for Meanings: On Semantics of Synagogue Paintings, guest lecture at the Institute of Architecture at the National Polytechnic University in Lviv, November 8, 2012.
- Between the Lost Empire and Future Paradise: Maksymilian Kugel’s Synagogue Paintings, “Ukrainian and Jewish Artistic and Architectural Milieus of Lwów/Lemberg/Lviv: From Ausgleich to the Holocaust,” International Conference, Center for Urban History of East Central Europe (Lviv); Center for Jewish Art, Hebrew University of Jerusalem; Polish Institute of World Art Studies (Warsaw);The Leonid Nevzlin Research Center for Russian and East European Jewry; Ukrainian Jewish Encounter Initiative (Toronto), Lviv, November 5-7, 2012.
- Images of Theophany in Romanian Synagogues, "Traditions and Perspectives in History of Jewish Art," International Conference, Bar-Ilan University, September 10–12, 2012.
- Voices Penetrating the Walls: On the Box-Like Bimahs in Medieval Ashkenazic Synagogues, "Art and Performance in the Middle Ages," International Conference, Imago: The Israeli Association for Visual Culture in the Middle Ages, Ars Judaica, and Department of Jewish Art, Bar-Ilan University, March 27, 2012.
- Wandering in the Past: Romanian Travelogues of Zussia Efron, "Lumea evreiască în literatura Română (The Jewish World in The Romanian Literature), International Conference, the Center for Research on Romanian Jewry and the Romanian Cultural Institute in Tel Aviv, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, February 14, 2012.
- Visions and Views: Representations of Divine Names in Romanian Synagogues, guest lecture, the Center for Research on Romanian Jewry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, January 25, 2012.
- Didactic Allegories in Eastern-European Jewish Folk Art: Journey through Ages, Cultures, and Media, an interdisciplinary colloquium of the School of Arts at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, November 27, 2011.
- Language of Silence, "All the Colours of Rainbow," opening lecture, the exhibition of paintings by Shlomi Solomon, Wurzweiler Central Library, Bar-Ilan University, November 8, 2011
- Beating Heads Against the Wall: Outdoor Art on the Outskirts of Jerusalem, a colloquium of the Program in Contemporary Jewry at Bar-Ilan University, February 22, 2011
- Object and Ritual, "How Do They Hit Haman?" opening lecture, the exhibition of Purim rattles by Aviv Cohen, Wurzweiler Central Library, Bar-Ilan University, March 7, 2011
- Sacred Spaces and Sacred Images: Tracing Jewish Heritage of Medieval Spain at the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, a lecture of the series of lectures and exhibition "Sefarad: imágenes de un pasado" under the auspices of the Embassy of the State of Israel and the Embassy of Spain in Ukraine, Kiev, November 10-11, 2010.
- The Convivencia in Art of Medieval Spain at the National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv, :a lecture of the series of lectures and exhibition "Sefarad: imágenes de un pasado" under the auspices of the Embassy of the State of Israel and the Embassy of Spain in Ukraine, Kiev, November 10-11, 2010.
- The Jewish Culture in Spain: From the Golden Age to Exile at the International Solomon University, a lecture of the series of lectures and exhibition "Sefarad: imágenes de un pasado" under the auspices of the Embassy of the State of Israel and the Embassy of Spain in Ukraine, Kiev, November 10-11, 2010.
- Depictions of Divine Providence in Christian and Jewish Art in Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century Ukrainian Lands, “Ukrainian Jewish Encounter: Cultural Interaction, Representation and Memory,” the Ukrainian Jewish Encounter Initiative (Canada) in collaboration with the Israel Museum and the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Jerusalem, October 18–20, 2010.
- Gate to the Heaven: An Artistic Construct in Eastern-European Synagogues at "Synagogue: The Soul of the Nation," Jerusalem Academic Center - Lander Institute, July 8, 2010.
- On Topsy-Turvy Images in Paintings and Books, "On the Contrary: A Colloquium on Inverted Images in Jewish Art," the Department of Jewish Art at Bar-Ilan University, Ars Judaica, and The Center for Research of Jewish Visual Culture in Europe, March 23, 2010
- Fabrics of History, "Beyond the Screen" and "Absence," opening lecture, the exhibition of digital prints by Shulamit Tibor, Wurzweiler Central Library, Bar-Ilan University, February 2, 2009
- Earth Touching the Heaven, "Spirit in Material: Sculptures and More," opening lecture, the exhibition of sculptures and paintings by Betty Wachsstock-Schonfeld, Wurzweiler Central Library, Bar-Ilan University, December 30, 2009
- Paintings of the Tsori Gil‘ad Synagogue in L’viv: Life and Illusion, The Fifteenth World Congress of Jewish Studies Studies, Jerusalem, August 3, 2009
- On the Wall and Beyound: Graffiti on the Security Walls between Gilo and Bethlehem, "Conflictual Art," Conference, The University of Haifa, June 9-10, 2009
- Ars brevis, vita longa: On Preservation of Modern Synagogue Art, "Jewish Heritage as Part of the World and National Heritage," Annual International Conference, The Goldstein Goren Center for Hebrew Studies, The University of Bucharest, May 28-29, 2009
- The Torah Ark in the Tabak Temple of Budapest and imitatio Templi, "Masquerade in Stone: Synagogue Architecture in Search of Jewish Identity," a colloquium on occasion of the publication of The Great Synagogue of Budapest, by Prof. Rudolf Klein, the Department of Jewish Art at Bar-Ilan University and The Center for Research of Jewish Visual Culture in Europe, May 21, 2009
- Illustrations Bounded and Unbounded, "Arieh Allweil: Prints and Calligraphy, 1939-1949," opening lecture, Wurzweiler Central Library, Bar-Ilan University, April 26, 2009
- Yona's Dreamland, "Jewish Life Cycle," opening lecture, the exhibition of sculptures by Yona Vital-Ravikovich, Wurzweiler Central Library, Bar-Ilan University, December 17, 2008
- Synagogue Art in Eastern Europe (keynote): "Art and Architecture of Romanian Synagogues," International Conference, Bar-Ilan University and the Romanian Cultural Institute in Tel Aviv, February 24–28, 2008
- Allegoric Images for Scholarship in Hebrew Books and in Synagogues: "Jews, the Arts, and Scholarship: Production and Reception," British Association for Jewish Studies (BAJS) 2007 annual conference, London, July 11-13, 2007
- The King, the King of Kings and the King of the King of Kings: "Isolation, Independence, Syncretism, Dialogue. Models of Interaction between Judaism and Christianity in Past and Present," Sixth International Conference, Ramat-Gan and Jerusalem, Israel, Jewish and Christian Perspectives, E.J. Brill, Leiden, Ingeborg Rennert Center for Jerusalem Studies, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan; Schechter Institute of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, Israel; University of Tilburg, Faculty of Catholic Theology, Utrecht, The Netherlands, January 21-24, 2007
- Il rinascimento dell'antichità nell'arte sinagogale: "Gli ebrei a Roma," Convegno internazionale, The Ben Zvi Institute, December 31, 2006 – January 3 2007
- "בין הקבוע למשתנה - על הסמנטיקה של סמל חזותי באמנות יהודית": בין סמנטיקה לאמנות, יום עיון לזכרו של פרופ' גד בן עמי צרפתי ז"ל, אוניסרסיטת בר-אילן, 17 בדצמבר, 2006.
- The Synagogues of the East and the West at the Modern Age: Enchantment of Melody: Modern Jewish History in Music and in Art, series of lectures, The Zalman Shazar Center for Jewish History, November 16, 2006.
- "Thou That Dwellest in the Gardens": The Metaphorizing of the Synagogue Design in the Early Modern Eastern Europe at European Association for Jewish Studies VIII Congress, Moscow, July 23-27, 2006.
- St. Bernard’s Unexpected Influence: Jewish Adoption of Cistercian Art at “Strangers, Foreigners, and Others,” Third Annual Symposium of the International Medieval Society, École des Chartes, Sorbonne, Paris, June 29-July 1, 2006.
- Don’t Believe Your Eyes: Psychological Aspects of Contemporary Approaches to Jewish Art at “History and Culture of the Soviet Jewry,” the 13th International Congress “Jewish History and Culture in the Central and Eastern Europe,” Kiev, August 29-31.
- The Synagogue Ark as a Metaphor of a Stronghold of Faith, a lecture at the 14th World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, July 31 – August 4, 2005.
- "Let Us Build Us a City and a Tower”: Cult and Ideology in the Soviet Architecture in the 1920s and 1930s at “Cults, Temples, and Politics,” Conference, Yad Ben-Zvi Institute and Bar-Ilan University, April 7, 2005.
- Under the Wings of the Double-Headed Eagle: A Jewish Symbol in the Historical Context at "Jewish Culture and Russian Culture, Mutual Influences in the Twentieth Century," International Congress, Bar-Ilan University, January 9-13, 2005.
- The Text as Evidence and as a Clue: Early Lion Sculptures in European Synagogues at “Depicting Words: Verbal and Visual Aspects of Jewish Art” (Decennial of Jewish Art Studies at Bar-Ilan University), Bar-Ilan University, May 21-22, 2002.
- The Picture as a Text: New Semantic Aspects of Velasquez’s ‘Las Hilanderas’ at Interdisciplinary Seminar, Bar-Ilan University, 2002.
- On the Earliest Reliefs in Ashkenazi Synagogues at the 13th World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, 2001
- History of Jewish Art as Discipline at the Eshnav Seminar “Jewish Studies during the Last Century,” The Hebrew University in Jerusalem, August 1, 2001
- The Pyramid: Egyptian Origins, Christian Uses and Jewish Interpretations at the Seminar “Homage to Prof. Olga Goldberg,” May 14, 1991
- The Pyramid: the Model and Its Interpretations at the Motar Congress, Tel Aviv University, March 12-13, 2001
- The Carved Tympana of the Altneuschul in Prague: The Synagogue Art as Argument at the International Congress “Jewish Civilization in the Central and Eastern Europe, Minsk, January 2000
- The Paintings of the Synagogue in Pinczów at the 12th World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, 1997
- Origin and Developments in the Work of Shalom Moskovitz of Safed at the 11th World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, 1993